How do I change my main domain name?
We have created a feature to change your main domain name automatically without contacting support. You can do so by logging into our billing control panel at https://billing.stablehost.com.
- To login, click on 'Client Area'
- Click on 'My Services'
- Modify the plan you want to modify and click 'View Details'
- Click on the 'Change Domain Name' button under the Management tab.
You already have the domain as an Add-On domain.
If the domain you want to use as main domain is already added as an Add-On domain, then you have to remove the Add-On domain first, if you don't do this, you will get an error because you cannot set a new primary domain if that domain is already in use in our systems.
- Back up your Add-On domain's public_html contents, as a safety measure.
- In cPanel, remove the Add-On domain, this won't delete any public_html files.
- Follow the instructions above to change the main domain.
- Using your favorite file manager, remove the files in public_html and then move or upload the add-on domain's public_html files to your public_html root folder.
Was this answer helpful?
cPanel will sometimes throw out the error: IP address has changed! This is usually due to you...
Our servers will be using the MST or GMT timezone, depending on the location of the server....
Please view this video tutorial: http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/addmysql.htm
The best way to import or export a database is via PHPMyAdmin. There is a tab for Importing and...
Let's be honest, creating SSL certificates can be confusing at times. Let us do the work for you...