How do I change my main domain name?
We have created a feature to change your main domain name automatically without contacting support. You can do so by logging into our billing control panel at https://billing.stablehost.com.
- To login, click on 'Client Area'
- Click on 'My Services'
- Modify the plan you want to modify and click 'View Details'
- Click on the 'Change Domain Name' button under the Management tab.
You already have the domain as an Add-On domain.
If the domain you want to use as main domain is already added as an Add-On domain, then you have to remove the Add-On domain first, if you don't do this, you will get an error because you cannot set a new primary domain if that domain is already in use in our systems.
- Back up your Add-On domain's public_html contents, as a safety measure.
- In cPanel, remove the Add-On domain, this won't delete any public_html files.
- Follow the instructions above to change the main domain.
- Using your favorite file manager, remove the files in public_html and then move or upload the add-on domain's public_html files to your public_html root folder.
Was this answer helpful?
When configuring your script, it will most likely ask you what the MySQL hostname is. Please...
WAIT! Don't panic! We ask that you please go through this checklist before contacting us....
You can get the encoding for your database by the following steps. Log into cPanel and click on...
Getting your EPP (Transfer) code is very easy: Log into your customer’s portal:...
Please view our video tutorial at: http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/ipdeny.htm