How do I change my main domain name?
We have created a feature to change your main domain name automatically without contacting support. You can do so by logging into our billing control panel at https://billing.stablehost.com.
- To login, click on 'Client Area'
- Click on 'My Services'
- Modify the plan you want to modify and click 'View Details'
- Click on the 'Change Domain Name' button under the Management tab.
You already have the domain as an Add-On domain.
If the domain you want to use as main domain is already added as an Add-On domain, then you have to remove the Add-On domain first, if you don't do this, you will get an error because you cannot set a new primary domain if that domain is already in use in our systems.
- Back up your Add-On domain's public_html contents, as a safety measure.
- In cPanel, remove the Add-On domain, this won't delete any public_html files.
- Follow the instructions above to change the main domain.
- Using your favorite file manager, remove the files in public_html and then move or upload the add-on domain's public_html files to your public_html root folder.
Was this answer helpful?
The best way to import or export a database is via PHPMyAdmin. There is a tab for Importing and...
The easiest way is to go to http://yourdomain.com/cpanel
You can get the encoding for your database by the following steps. Log into cPanel and click on...
Please view our video tutorial at: http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/ipdeny.htm
StableHost offers unlimited additional domains for your account (on most of our hosting plans),...