Support Scope Explanations
This article is to explain the level of scope we offer as part of your web hosting account. We, as in your web hosting provider are responsible for providing support for the following issues:
- Any sales or billing issues (upgrading, ordering new services, cancellation, paying your bill, duplicate payment issues and so on.)
- Any issues related to the actual control panel. This can be either the Customer Portal, cPanel (Web Hosting Control Panel), WHM (Reseller Hosting Control Panel) and SolusVM (VPS Control Panel). These questions can be anything from setting up new email accounts, adding FTP users, rebooting your VPS, re-installing your VPS and so on.
- Any issues related to sending and receiving email (Unable to check your email, issues sending email to people, blacklists and so on)
- Any issues related to FTP or uploading your website to your account.
- Any issues related to installing scripts through our automated script installer (Softaculous)
The following issues are not part of our standard scope:
- Installing custom software or scripts (Not installed via our automated script installer)
- Installing any kind of third-party plugins
- Any programming work (HTML changes, PHP, perl or any other programming language)
- Fixing or modifying your script to work on your account
- Recovering your account from being compromised (Unless you're on an enterprise account)
We try our best to help as much as we can, however please remember that we can't understand how every script works or how to fix every script problem. If it's a common problem we've seen in the past, we'll be happy to help you with getting you back on track.
We do offer managed services support for things that fall outside of our scope though where you will work one-on-one with our senior system administrators to get the issue resolved. Please contact our sales team for a quote of this service. We also suggest reaching out to our community forums and explain your problem and someone there might be able to assist.
Was this answer helpful?
To pay for service, we accept all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover,...
StableHost has two different types of plans, shared hosting and reseller hosting. 99% of...
Once you order a dedicated IP, it will be automatically set on your account within 10 minutes. If...
VIP SupportAll of our Enterprise Web Hosting companies get VIP Support. When there's multiple...
Domain transfers cost money at every hosting company because they extend the expiration date of...